We carried along some food with us and also a charcoal grill and lost of chicken. Turned out to be good as there is nothing you can do their you need some activity to be going. It was fun lighting up the coal(almost took us 45 min) as non of us do it regularly. The chicken was marinated over night and turned out to be really juicy and tasty when cooked. the recipe too was an experiment and also a little bit of help from our Mommy's at home. Recipe was simple
We used some off the shelf Tandoori masala, Turmeric powder, Ginger,Garlic and salt to taste.
Chicken 4 Kgs
Garlic - 200 gms
Ginger - 200 gms
Make garlic ginger past, add turmeric and about 50-60gms of tandoori masala and mix well with chicken, add salt to taste, leave it over night in the fridge do not put in the freezer.
Next day light up your charcoal grill, and it won't long to eat your juicy chicken.
Though the dam is close to the city, it is quite secluded and doesn't look safe for couples planing an outing...its always good to go in a group. Villagers might drop in asking for some food or money.
You might find couple of cops standing at just before a turn leading to the dam and might stop you going there... looked like they just wanted to make some money... we didn't pay though just drove in. Cops don't seem to there to help people rather want to make some quick bucks.
The drive from Wonder la to the dam is quite picturesque and green, you would enjoy it, try not to drive fast as the roads are narrow you might never now, there could be Kidd's running around in the next corner.
Some tips that would be handy
- DO NOT try to swim in the waters until are an expert in it as there is no one to rescue.
- Though there are hills surrounding the reservoir there are no shady trees...it was lush green when we visited as its a rainy season.
- Carry sun screen lotion along
- Sun Glass
- Food,beverages and fresh water to drink, you won't find these there.(Believe me carry a grill along it awesome to cook and eat, the chicken doesn't taste better than this)
- Go in a group
- Need to answer nature call in the nature.